Vegetarian Zucchini Chili.
You can have Vegetarian Zucchini Chili using 14 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Vegetarian Zucchini Chili
- Prepare 2 small of onions, diced.
- Prepare 2 of zucchini/courgettes, chopped into half moons.
- Prepare 1 of big red pepper, roughly chopped.
- It’s 2 of garlic cloves, minced.
- You need 4 of big tomatoes.
- It’s 1 of bay leaf.
- You need 2 tbsp of tomato paste.
- It’s 1 of salt and pepper.
- Prepare 500 grams of black beans.
- Prepare 1 of smoked paprika.
- It’s 1 of cayenne pepper.
- Prepare 1 of chili flakes.
- Prepare 1 of parsley.
- You need 1 of Tabasco.
Vegetarian Zucchini Chili instructions
- To peel the tomatoes, pour boiling water over them; the heat will soften their skin so you will be able to peel them easily with your hands. Chop the tomatoes.
- Heat a tablespoon of oil in a large pot, then add onions. Stir for a minute then add zucchini and red pepper.
- Just before the onions burn, add garlic and chopped and peeled tomatoes. Add between 1 and 2 cups of water and the bay leaf. Cover the pot.
- Bring the stew to a boil and add salt and pepper and tomato paste. Uncover the pot to let the simmering water evaporate.
- When courgettes are nearly cooked through (15-30 min), add beans. As they warm through, add chili flakes, cayenne, paprika and parsley.
- Take off heat and enjoy with some Tabasco :).