Zucchini boats. Easy Stuffed Zucchini Boats are the perfect way to enjoy your fresh summer zucchini! Tender zucchini filled with a silky meat sauce, topped with cheese and baked until tender. Zucchini taco boats are easy to make and are a fun way to put a healthy twist on taco night!
They're jam packed with flavor, they're perfectly filling, and have less carbs than the traditional flour or corn tortilla. These bruschetta quinoa zucchini boats are a flavorful meatless meal that will please everyone! Fill zucchini boats with shrimp mixture and top with mozzarella. You can cook Zucchini boats using 12 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Zucchini boats
- You need 5 medium of zucchini.
- You need 1 small of diced yellow onion.
- It’s 1 small of red bell pepper, diced.
- You need 2 clove of minced garlic.
- It’s 3 tbsp of italian bread crumbs.
- Prepare 8 tbsp of Monterrey jack cheese, shredded.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of grated parmesan.
- Prepare 1 cup of crumbled cooked italian sausage.
- Prepare 1 tsp of pepper.
- It’s 1 tsp of paprika.
- Prepare 1 tsp of oregano.
- It’s 2 tbsp of olive oil.
Garnish with more Parmesan and parsley, if desired, before serving. Chop the zucchini flesh and set aside. Spoon in and mound the sausage mixture into the zucchini boats. This has become a favorite in my house!
Zucchini boats instructions
- Preheat oven to 400°F..
- Spray glass baking dish or cooking sheet with non stick spray..
- Cut zucchinis in half down the middle and place in dish or sheet..
- Scoop out seeds and some meat, set aside..
- In a saute pan on medium heat with olive oil sauté onion, bell pepper & some of the zucchini meat till soft. Add salt, pepper, paprika and oregano, garlic and cooked sausage..
- Turn heat off and add Parmesan and bread crumbs and mix well..
- Scoop mixture into zucchini shells making sure not to overfill. Top with shredded cheese..
- Bake for about 25 minutes or until cheese is melted and filling is bubbly..
- You can use the rest of the zucchini meat in my Veggie Rice recipe..
We LOVE zucchini boats, I originally got the inspiration for this dish from these sausage stuffed zucchini boats, another stuffed. These lasagna-stuffed zucchini boats are much healthier than their carby counterparts and come together easily, making them Zucchini boats are the perfect use for medium-to-large zucchini. The only problem with storing these is that sometimes someone eats. For regular readers of this little food blog, you already know how much I struggle with coming up with easy (yet wholesome!) dinners for an old friend of mine and I. Out of all the zucchini boat recipes, this zucchini boat recipe is definitely my favorite. -Turkey stuffed zucchini boats are the perfect mix of ground turkey zucchini boats and quinoa stuffed zucchini.