Zucchini lasagna. Zucchini lasagna is a fresh take on a classic comfort food dish. It's gluten-free, low-carb, keto-friendly and loaded with veggies, but still has the rich flavors and scrumptious texture of a traditional lasagna. Zucchini Lasagna is a delicious, low-carb, wheat-free and gluten-free lasagna that's loaded with Here's a few tips on how do you make perfect zucchini lasagna: Start by cutting the zucchini ribbons.
Zucchini Lasagna is a delicious way to enjoy the lasagna flavor you love, without the noodles. This lasagna uses zucchini in place of pasta thereby reducing calories. All the feels and flavors of lasagna but made with vegetable noodles instead of pasta. You can cook Zucchini lasagna using 16 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Zucchini lasagna
- It’s 4 of zucchini.
- Prepare 1 of red bell pepper, chopped.
- It’s 6 oz of baby spinach.
- Prepare 1/2 of small yellow onion, minced.
- It’s 2 of garlic cloves, minced.
- Prepare 1 of salt and pepper.
- You need 1 pinch of red pepper flakes.
- It’s 32 oz of jar pasta sauce.
- You need 2 tbsp of olive oil, extra virgin.
- It’s 6 of no-boil lasagna noodles.
- Prepare 15 oz of ricotta cheese, part skim.
- You need 1/4 cup of grated parmesan cheese.
- You need 1 of large egg.
- Prepare 1 tsp of oregano, dried flakes.
- It’s 1 of fresh basil leaves, for garnish.
- It’s 3 cup of mozzarella cheese, shredded.
This zucchini lasagna isn't a recipe to make on the hottest day of the year; join me in having To avail you of your CSA zucchini overload, this lasagna swaps thin-sliced zucchini for lasagna noodles. Zucchini Lasagna made low carb with layers of zucchini instead of pasta, flavorful turkey tomato sauce and gooey cheese. In this delicious zucchini lasagna, zucchini slices replace the noodles. This low carb, keto and gluten-free dish has all the wonderful flavors of lasagna, minus the extra carbs!
Zucchini lasagna instructions
- Slice zucchini as thinly as possible. Spread into a single layer on a clean dish towel and sprinkle liberally with salt. Let stand for 10 minutes. Blot up water with a paper towel..
- Line 2 baking pans with parchment paper. Preheat the broiler. Place zucchini slices in a single layer on the pans and drizzle with olive oil. Season with freshly ground black pepper. Broil for 10-20 minutes, flipping slices over once, until zucchini is tender and slightly browned on both sides..
- Meanwhile, heat olive oil in a large pot over medium heat. Saute onion and garlic until soft. Add red pepper and cook another 5 minutes. Add spinach and stir until wilted..
- Add pasta sauce to pot along with red pepper flakes and salt and pepper to taste. Simmer 10-15 minutes until sauce is slightly thickened..
- Lightly beat egg in a small bowl. Stir in ricotta, oregano, and parmesan..
- Spray a 9×13 dish with cooking spray. Spread a small amount of sauce into pan and top with a single layer of roasted zucchini. Place 3 noodles on top, followed by half the cheese mixture and 1 cup of mozzarella..
- Cover with half the remaining sauce and repeat the layer. Place the remaining sauce on top and sprinkle with 1 cup of mozzarella..
- Cover with foil and bake for 45 minutes at 350°F..
- Remove foil for last few minutes to brown the cheese a bit. Let stand 10 minutes before serving. Garnish with fresh julienned basil..
Zucchini: Zucchini have a mild liver-purging effect, allowing the liver to squeeze out poisonous troublemakers safely. Zucchini Lasagna – A veggie lasagna without the dairy, grains, or fat? This zucchini lasagna recipe uses zucchini two ways! Zucchini is blended into the creamy filling and zucchini planks are layered into the lasagna itself. When it comes to comfort food, there are few meals as satisfying as warm, cheesy lasagna.