Tasty Tofu and Black Bean Vegetarian Chili.
You can cook Tasty Tofu and Black Bean Vegetarian Chili using 16 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Tasty Tofu and Black Bean Vegetarian Chili
- You need 1/2 cup of olive oil.
- You need 4 of onions, chopped.
- You need 2 of green peppers, chopped.
- Prepare 2 of red peppers, chopped.
- It’s 4 clove of of garlic, minced.
- It’s 1 of 14 oz package firm tofu, drained and cubed.
- You need 4 of 15.5 oz cans of black beans, drained and rinsed.
- It’s 2 of 15 oz cans of crushed tomatoes.
- You need 2 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of ground black pepper.
- Prepare 6 tbsp of chilli powder.
- Prepare 2 tsp of ground cumin.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of dried oregano.
- You need 2 tbsp of distilled white vinegar.
- It’s 1 tbsp of tabasco sauce.
- You need to taste of Shredded cheddar and sour cream, for garnishing..
Tasty Tofu and Black Bean Vegetarian Chili instructions
- ***This recipe is better than regular chilli! Don't cut out out any seasonings, trust me. This batch fits in a big ole crock pot and freezes well. Also, the recipe calls for one package of tofu but I've been making it with two packages because the tofu is so yummy!! Enjoy! :))***.
- Heat olive oil in a very large skillet over medium/high heat. Add onions, cook and stir until they start to become soft..
- Add the green pepper, red pepper, garlic, and tofu. Cook and stir vegetables are lightly browned and tender..about ten minutes or so..
- Set slow cooker to low. Pour in beans, veggie mixture, and tomatoes. Add ALL seasonings, stir well, and cover..
- Cook for 6-8 hours. Garnish with shredded cheddar and sour cream..