Pumpkin, Chickpea & Zucchini Curry (Vegan/Vegetarian). Alone, this Moroccan Pumpkin & Chickpea Stew recipe is hearty, add a grain and not only does it make it that much more filling, it will make the stew go even farther. This vegan pumpkin chickpea curry is made with pantry staples and is easy to modify and meal prep! Pumpkin and Chickpeas Combine For the Creamiest Vegan Soup Ever.
This Vegan Chickpea Pumpkin Biryani is easy to make, super nutritious and full of flavour. Why you'll love this Chickpea Pumpkin Biryani: it's filling and satisfying. What's not to like about black-eyed peas, chickpeas, and pumpkin with lots of spices? You can have Pumpkin, Chickpea & Zucchini Curry (Vegan/Vegetarian) using 27 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Pumpkin, Chickpea & Zucchini Curry (Vegan/Vegetarian)
- You need 1/2 of Butternut Pumpkin (600gms).
- You need 1 of Zucchini.
- You need 2 of Tomatoes.
- Prepare 2 handfuls of Baby Spinach.
- Prepare 1 of Brown Onion.
- It’s 1 of Garlic Clove.
- You need 1 Tbs of Fresh Ginger grated.
- You need 500 mls of Vegetable Stock.
- It’s 1 Can (240 gm) of Chickpeas.
- It’s 1 Can (400 gm) of Tomatoes.
- You need 2 Tbs of Coconut (or Greek) yoghurt.
- You need 2 Tbs of Olive Oil (or vegetable oil).
- It’s of The Spices.
- It’s 4 of Cardamom Pods.
- You need 3 of Cloves.
- It’s 2 of Star Anise.
- Prepare 4 of Curry Leaves.
- You need 2 of Bay Leaves.
- You need 1 of Cinnamon Stick.
- It’s 1 Tsp of Fenugreek Seeds.
- Prepare 2 of Tsps Ground Corriander.
- It’s 2 of Tsps Ground Cumin.
- Prepare 1 Tsp of Garam Masala.
- You need 1 Tsp of Ground Tumeric.
- Prepare of Fresh or dried chili.
- It’s to taste of Salt.
- It’s to taste of Pepper.
This Black-Eyed Pea, Pumpkin & Chickpea Stew Will Warm Up Any Winter Day. Ahhh, fall is finally here, and you know what that means…pumpkin spiced EVERYTHING. It was inevitable that I share a recipe here, but I promise you this is a winner — and of course sweet. A vegan pumpkin chickpea curry for a simple, seasonal autumn meal.
Pumpkin, Chickpea & Zucchini Curry (Vegan/Vegetarian) instructions
- Saute Onions, Ginger and Garlic on low heat in olive oil for approx 10 minutes.
- Add all Spices to pan and and fry for a minute or 2 (or until fragrant).
- Add all vegetables minus the Spinach and stir.
- Add the canned Tomatoes, Chickpeas, Stock, Yoghurt & bring to boil.
- Once boiling, turn heat to low and simmer for approx 20-30mins (or until pumpkin is soft). Add the Spinach a few minutes before removing the pot from the heat.
This vegan pumpkin chickpea stew or curry is one of those recipes. I've switched out coconut oil primarily for olive oil. This one pot pumpkin curry is an easy, autumnal red curry featuring veggies, chickpeas, and creamy pumpkin! I'm having my annual trepidation about pumpkin season. This Chickpea Curry is my take on the Classic Chana Masala – while the base recipe is very similar, I decided to give this classic recipe a little twist by adding: Chipotle Powder, to spice things up a bit.