Masala Tamatar Sas ( indian seasoned tomato gravy ) vegetarian.
You can cook Masala Tamatar Sas ( indian seasoned tomato gravy ) vegetarian using 12 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Masala Tamatar Sas ( indian seasoned tomato gravy ) vegetarian
- Prepare 5 large of red tomatoes, diced.
- Prepare 1 of hot green chili, seeded (optional).
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of ground ginger.
- You need 1/4 tsp of garam masala.
- Prepare 1/2 tbsp of brown sugar or jaggery.
- It’s 1 tbsp of tomato paste.
- Prepare 4 tbsp of olive oil or ghee.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of dried parsley flakes.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of chicken broth or vegetable broth.
- Prepare 3/4 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of ground cumin.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of chopped blanched almonds.
Masala Tamatar Sas ( indian seasoned tomato gravy ) vegetarian instructions
- In a blender or food processsor add half the tomatoes, all the almonds, stock, green chilis, cumin, ginger, brown sugar, salt and parsley..
- Process until smooth..
- Heat oil or ghee in a 3 quart pot..
- Add processed tomato to pot and stir and cook on medium high heat for 10 min..
- Stir in rest of tomatoes and tomato paste. Reduce heat to a simmer..
- Cook semi covered for 15 min…
- Stir remove lid and cook another 15 min or until thickened. If you want it thicker wisk in another tablespoon of tomato paste..
- Remove from heat and keep hot. Wisk in garam masala just before serving..
- Transfer to serving dish and enjoy!.
- Perfect for serving with kofta or just about any fried appetizer. https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/345003-louki-kofta-indian-zucchini-balls-with-vegetarian-instructions.
- Recipe adapted from the art of indian vegetarian cooking by: yamuna devi.