Spaghetti vegetarian Seitan Bolognese.
You can cook Spaghetti vegetarian Seitan Bolognese using 10 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Spaghetti vegetarian Seitan Bolognese
- It’s 400 g of Spaghetti , (14 oz).
- It’s 120 g of Seitan , thinly chopped (4 oz).
- Prepare 1 of Carrot large , thinly chopped.
- Prepare 1 of Onion , thinly chopped medium.
- It’s 1 of Celery Stalk of , thinly chopped.
- It’s 250 g of Tomato passata.
- Prepare 1 of Bay leaf.
- You need of Olive oil.
- Prepare of Salt.
- It’s of Black Pepper.
Spaghetti vegetarian Seitan Bolognese step by step
- Put 1 tablespoon olive oil in a deep, preferably non-stick, skillet over medium heat. When the oil is hot add the carrot, celery and onion and cook stirring occasionally for a minute or two..
- Add the seitan, bay leaf, some salt and pepper and cook for another 5 minutes..
- Add the tomato passata and cook on low heat for 30 to 45 minutes. If the mixture become dry add a little vegetable stock (or water)..
- When the sauce is ready. Take out the bay leaf. Add a little olive oil, taste and adjust the seasoning..
- Bring to a large pot of water to a boil and salt it. Add the spaghetti and cook until tender. Drain it, toss the pasta with the sauce and serve..