You can have Zucchini Soup using 7 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Zucchini Soup
- Prepare 1/2 cup of uncooked brown or white rice.
- You need 1 large of onion sliced.
- Prepare 1 large of carrot, chopped.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of olive or vegetable oil.
- You need 1 lb of zucchini, grated.
- It’s 1/2 lb of kale leaves, julienned, add salt and pepper to taste.
- It’s 6 cup of chicken broth.
Zucchini Soup step by step
- 1) in a big heavy sauce pan, boil the chicken broth..
- 2) Add the uncooked rice in the chicken broth and allow it to cook about 40 min until tender..
- 3) in a large pan, cook onions and carrots with either olive oil or vegetable oil. Add zucchini and cook 4-5 minutes. Lastly add broccoli (optional) Season the vegetables with salt and pepper..
- 4) When the rice is tender, add the zucchini mixture in the heavy sauce pan. Add kale leaves along with it too..
- 5) Add a bit of garlic salt or salt into the complete mixture for extra flavor. The soup will be fairly thick, to make the soup thinner add extra chicken broth. Add cooked chicken or cooked beans (optional). And let it cook until every thing is cooked well..