Blackened Chicken Mirepoix Zucchini Noodle Soup.
You can have Blackened Chicken Mirepoix Zucchini Noodle Soup using 19 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Blackened Chicken Mirepoix Zucchini Noodle Soup
- You need of Chicken.
- Prepare 1 lb of Chicken Breast.
- You need 1 tbsp of Olive Oil.
- It’s 1 tbsp of Butter (Unsalted).
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Cayenne Pepper.
- You need 1/2 tbsp of Ground Parsley Flakes.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Ground Orange Peel.
- Prepare 1/2 tbsp of Grillin Mates Mesquite BBQ seasoning.
- You need of Salt and Pepper.
- It’s 1 of Lemon, zested and juiced.
- Prepare of Mirepoix.
- You need 1/2 of Red Onion sliced (long strips).
- You need 3 of Celery (chopped 1/4” pieces).
- It’s 3 of Carrots, Shredded thinly.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Butter.
- It’s of Soup.
- It’s 1.5 of Zucchini’s (spiraled).
- Prepare 1 cup of Chicken Broth.
- It’s to taste of Salt and Pepper.
Blackened Chicken Mirepoix Zucchini Noodle Soup step by step
- In a skillet on low heat, melt butter. Added carrots, celery, and onion. Stir occasionally until translucent. The point of Mirepoix is to bring out the flavors in the veggies, rather than browning (sauté)..
- Meanwhile pat dry both sides of the chicken to remove outer juices, and season both sides and rubbing it into the meat..
- Heat another skillet medium-high heat. Add in oil to coat. Place in chicken and do not move for 6-8min. About halfway through, add in butter and let it froth. Coat the top of the chicken with a spoon (saucing). Flip (it may look slightly burnt, but that’s the goal). Continue to sauce the other side until about 165°-170° for at least 6min. Remove and let rest..
- In same skillet, reduce heat and let zucchini noodles (patted dry and salted) sauté for about 3min. Add chicken broth and let simmer..
- Slice about three strips of chicken per bowl, layer the bottom of the bowl with zucchini noodles and then pour some broth in about level to the noodles. Next, add in the Mirepoix, and top off with the chicken. Finally, squeeze a 1/4 wedge of lime lime over the chicken, and top it with some lime zest..
- Serve and Enjoy!.