Quick vegetarian rice balls. Rice balls, or onigiri, are multipurpose, portable snacks. Thought to have originated in Japan, the balls, squares or molded patties of cooked rice often appear Vegetarian fillings are options that contribute additional nutrients and enhance the taste of the rice balls. Traditional rice balls use salty fillings, but.
Onigiri, also known as Japanese rice ball is a great example of how inventive Japanese cuisine can be. It is also a Japanese comfort food made from steamed rice formed into the typical triangular, ball, or cylinder shapes and usually wrapped with nori (dried seaweed). These cheesy deep-fried rice balls are served with Italian dinners as a side like a bread. You can cook Quick vegetarian rice balls using 6 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Quick vegetarian rice balls
- You need 1 cup of Sweet rice (sticky rice).
- It’s 1 1/2 cup of diced vegetarian fish.
- It’s 1 tbsp of soy sauce.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of stevia leaf sugar or 1 tbsp sugar.
- It’s 1 tbsp of ground black pepper.
- You need 1 tbsp of rice seasoning to sprinkle.
They're great with sauce and pasta dishes. Drain on paper towels and serve warm. Japanese rice balls, also known as onigiri or omusubi, are a staple of Japanese lunchboxes (bento). They are usually shaped into rounds or triangles by hand Much like sandwiches in the West, onigiri is readily available in convenience stores across Japan, and it's great for a quick and easy savory snack.
Quick vegetarian rice balls instructions
- Cook sweet rice in small rice cooker..
- Add diced vegetarian fish, soy sauce, sugar, ground pepper in small pot on medium heat..
- When rice is cooked, mixed the rice to let to cool down a bit. Use 2 sandwich zip lock bags as gloves. Rice can be hot, scoop rice into your Palm which is inside the sandwich bag. Flatten out the rice, put the fish stuffing (or any kind of stuffing) in the middle of the rice, use hands (inside bags) to press hard and shape the rice balls..
- Sprinkle rice seasoning on top or lightly roll rice ball around the sprinkles on the plate..
- Makes 1 plate of rice balls..
View top rated Vegan rice balls recipes with ratings and reviews. Rice Balls with Spinach & Red Sauce with Fennel!!!, Arancini Italian Rice Balls, Cheese Stuffed Rice Balls, etc. How to Make Quick and Easy Italian Rice Balls. Mix ingredients, place a Tablespoon in your hand and insert a cube of mozzarella into the center of the rice mixture. I will omit ham and use.