Stuffed Zucchini. This delicious stuffed zucchini recipe can be served as either a side dish or a main dish. Stuffed zucchini is a delicious and nutritious meal that is perfect for grilling on a nice summer's day or great for eating on a cold winter's night. Here are some health benefits of stuffed zucchini: Zucchini squash are low in carbohydrates and calories, and are brimming with fiber and vitamin C, which helps promote a healthy immune system.
Six brilliant ways to stuff zucchini from Delish.com. Every summer I fall in love again with zucchini—but it takes a minute. I forget how versatile the summer squash is: You can slice it thinly. You can cook Stuffed Zucchini using 11 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Stuffed Zucchini
- It’s 1 lb of Ground beef.
- Prepare 4 large of Zucchini.
- It’s 1 can of Tomato sauce, if 1 is not enough I use 2 and add cornstarch to thicken.
- It’s 1 large of Onion, chopped.
- You need 2 clove of Garlic, chopped.
- It’s 1 of as needed Salt and pepper.
- You need 1 tsp of Cumin.
- It’s 3 1/2 tsp of Dry parsley.
- Prepare 2 tsp of Allspice.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Curry powder.
- It’s 1 pinch of Cinnamon.
This Sausage Stuffed Zucchini is great to serve as a vegetable side, or even as the main dish for a light summer lunch. Fresh zucchini is stuffed with Italian sausage, fresh tomatoes, Parmesan, garlic. Looking for the best Stuffed Zucchini recipes? Get recipes like Giant Sausage Stuffed Zucchini, Taco-Stuffed Zucchini Boats and Stuffed Zucchini with Turkey Sausage from Simply Recipes.
Stuffed Zucchini step by step
- First, brown ground beef with spices and add chopped garlic..
- After meat has cooked for a while, add onion. Cook until onion softens and meat cooked through..
- Prepare zucchini while meat mixture is cooling. Chop zucchini into 3 pieces. Use melon baller or knife to take out the zucchini insides. Save the zucchini insides for later..
- Stuff the zucchini with meat mixture. Align in pan close to each other so mixture stays in. Add zucchini insides to pan..
- I like to sprinkle spice, cumin, and curry over everything. Then add tomato sauce..
- Bring to a boil then cover and cook for 40-45 min. Check on it occasionally, spoon sauce over zucchini when you check on it. Boil uncovered for 5-10 min to let sauce thicken if you want..
- This is traditionally served over white rice..
Chop the zucchini flesh and set aside. It's a stuffed zucchini, made with breadcrumbs and garlic and butter and poultry seasoning. This zucchini is stuffed with a simple mixture of seasoned bread crumbs and butter. Stuffed Zucchini with Cheesy Breadcrumbs Recipe These stuffed zucchini are sure to be a favorite at any gathering. Overflowing with artichoke hearts, parmesan cheese, and pine nuts these are hearty.