Stuffed Zucchini. This delicious stuffed zucchini recipe can be served as either a side dish or a main dish. Stuffed zucchini is a delicious and nutritious meal that is perfect for grilling on a nice summer's day or great for eating on a cold winter's night. Here are some health benefits of stuffed zucchini: Zucchini squash are low in carbohydrates and calories, and are brimming with fiber and vitamin C, which helps promote a healthy immune system.
Six brilliant ways to stuff zucchini from Delish.com. Every summer I fall in love again with zucchini—but it takes a minute. I forget how versatile the summer squash is: You can slice it thinly. You can cook Stuffed Zucchini using 7 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Stuffed Zucchini
- Prepare 3 of medium-sized zucchini, halved lengthwise.
- It’s 1 lb of Italian sausage.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of onion powder.
- It’s 1 clove of garlic, crushed.
- You need 1/3 cup of Italian bread crumbs.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of grated parmesan cheese.
- Prepare 4 oz of shredded Mozzarella cheese.
This Sausage Stuffed Zucchini is great to serve as a vegetable side, or even as the main dish for a light summer lunch. Fresh zucchini is stuffed with Italian sausage, fresh tomatoes, Parmesan, garlic. Looking for the best Stuffed Zucchini recipes? Get recipes like Giant Sausage Stuffed Zucchini, Taco-Stuffed Zucchini Boats and Stuffed Zucchini with Turkey Sausage from Simply Recipes.
Stuffed Zucchini instructions
- Cook zucchini in boiling salt water for 10 minutes. Drain. Scoop out insides, leaving 1/4" shell. Mash insides; drain well. Put shells in shallow baking dish..
- Remove casings from sausage. Break up meat. Cook sausage in skillet for 5 minutes. Add onion powder, garlic, mashed zucchini, bread crumbs, & parmesan cheese. Stir & heat for 1 minute. Spoon mixture into shells. Sprinkle with mozzarella..
- Bake in 350°F oven for 15 minutes or until piping hot..
Chop the zucchini flesh and set aside. It's a stuffed zucchini, made with breadcrumbs and garlic and butter and poultry seasoning. This zucchini is stuffed with a simple mixture of seasoned bread crumbs and butter. Stuffed Zucchini with Cheesy Breadcrumbs Recipe These stuffed zucchini are sure to be a favorite at any gathering. Overflowing with artichoke hearts, parmesan cheese, and pine nuts these are hearty.