Bean And Rice Stuffed Peppers (vegetarian).
You can cook Bean And Rice Stuffed Peppers (vegetarian) using 14 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Bean And Rice Stuffed Peppers (vegetarian)
- It’s 6 of Green peppers.
- It’s 2 cup of Brown rice.
- It’s 1 can of Black beans, drained.
- It’s 1 can of Chili-ready diced tomatoes, 14oz.
- It’s 8 oz of Shredded Mexican blend cheese.
- It’s 4 of Shallots, diced.
- Prepare 2 tsp of Minced garlic.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Olive oil.
- It’s 1 of Lime.
- You need 1 cup of Fresh cilantro.
- You need 3/4 tsp of Garlic salt.
- You need 2 tsp of Chili powder.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of Cumin.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of Fajita seasoning (optional).
Bean And Rice Stuffed Peppers (vegetarian) instructions
- Cut off tops of peppers and remove seeds. Boil peppers in large pot of water for 3 minutes. Remove and let cool..
- Heat oil in a skillet. Sauté shallots and garlic for about 5 minutes..
- Combine rice, shallot mixture, beans, tomatoes, cilantro, spices and juice from one lime. Add half of the cheese. Mix..
- Stuff mixture into peppers. Top each pepper with cheese. Bake in a foil-lined dish at 350°F for 15 minutes or until cheese melted and bubbly. Remove, let cool 5 minutes and enjoy!.