Cornish Pasties – Vegetarian.
You can have Cornish Pasties – Vegetarian using 8 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Cornish Pasties – Vegetarian
- You need 225 grams of potatoes.
- Prepare 125 grams of broccoli.
- It’s 1 of small brown onion, finely chopped.
- Prepare 1 of unit stalk celery, finely chopped.
- You need 1 of small carrot, finely chopped.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of peas.
- It’s of evoo.
- It’s 2 sheets of shortcrust pastry.
Cornish Pasties – Vegetarian instructions
- Cook potato for 8 to 10 minutes or until just tender, adding broccoli for last 2 minutes. Drain. Return to pan. Using a fork, roughly mash mixture.
- Heat oil in a frying pan over medium-high heat. Add onion. Cook, stirring, for 3 minutes or until softened. Add celery and carrot. Cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until carrot starts to brown..
- Add potato mixture and peas to pan. Stir to combine. Cool..
- Preheat oven to 200°C/180°C fan-forced. Grease baking tray. Using a 15cm cutter, cut 2 rounds from each pastry sheet. Spoon 2 tablespoons mixture over centre of 1 pastry round. Fold up sides to enclose filling. Press edges to seal and form frills. Stand on 1 pre-floured tray. Repeat with remaining mixture and pastry rounds. Brush pasties with milk.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until golden. Stand for 5 minutes..