Lebanese Zucchini with Yoghurt Sauce (Kousa billaban). An all-star stuffed zucchini recipe with a special Middle Eastern yogurt sauce. Cored Zucchini stuffed with a filling of spiced rice Now stuff the zucchini with the mixture, do not stuff till the top as rice will cook and expand. Arrange the stuffed zucchini to a pot.
The best and easy delicious stuffed zucchini yogurt. Lebanese stuffed zucchini with yogrut,arabic stuffed zucchini with sauce. done on my easy peasy. Add crushed garlic with dried mint to mixture. You can cook Lebanese Zucchini with Yoghurt Sauce (Kousa billaban) using 12 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Lebanese Zucchini with Yoghurt Sauce (Kousa billaban)
- You need 1 kg of Lebanese zucchini (choose the small or medium ones).
- You need 1/2 kg of mince beef.
- You need 1 cup of medium grain rice.
- It’s 1 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of pepper.
- Prepare of Yoghurt sauce:.
- Prepare 3 cups of Greek yoghurt.
- It’s 1 tsp of mint flake.
- It’s 1 tsp of oregano flake.
- It’s 1 tsp of salt.
- It’s 3 of garlic cloves (finely chopped).
- Prepare 3 cups of water.
Whisk the yogurt with a fork to get it looking creamy. Mash the garlic in a mortar with the salt and add to the yogurt, stirring to combine. These stuffed white zucchini with yogurt are the definition of a comfort meal! The best zucchini to use for this recipe is the small, slightly bulbous, pale green variety often sold as Lebanese zucchini.
Lebanese Zucchini with Yoghurt Sauce (Kousa billaban) instructions
- Using the corer knife, core the zucchini core to make it ready to be stuffed. Put aside..
- Preheat pan, cook mince beef without oil until well cooked, put aside..
- Wash medium grain rice in a bowl, add cooked mince beef salt, and peper. mix well..
- Stuff rice and mince beef into zucchinis, put aside..
- Prepare large cooking pot, put yoghurt and water, mix them well. Put the pot on the medium heat, keep stiring the yoghurt until it boils properly..
- Add chopped garlic, stuffed Lebanese zucchinis, and salt, lower the heat, cover the pot. Wait until the zucchinis and rice inside them cook really well..
- When they all cooked and soft, sprinkle mint flake and oregano, mix occasionally..
- It's ready to serve..
Hollow out the zucchini using a manakra, which is a tool like a long apple corer designed To adapt this kousa mahshi recipe for vegetarians, use chickpeas instead of minced beef. Gebratene Gefüllte Zucchini In Joghurtsauce – Kousa bil laban. Cut each zucchini in half lengthways. This can be done with an apple corer, but be careful not to pierce the skins of the zucchini. This cool and creamy Lebanese laban cucumber yogurt sauce is perfect with grilled meats, salmon or as a side salad with a variety of Lebanese specialties such as grape leaves, tabbouleh or m'juddarah.