vegetarian stuffed peppers. These vegetarian stuffed peppers are (duh) meat-free. But, what they lack in beefiness, they more than make up for in flavor. A healthy way to indulge your craving for Mexican food, they're.
These protein-packed vegetarian stuffed peppers are a delicious way to showcase seasonal bell peppers. They're weeknight-friendly, made mostly with pantry staples, and feature the Latin flavors of. These Vegetarian Stuffed Peppers are made low carb by swapping regular rice for cauliflower rice! You can have vegetarian stuffed peppers using 16 ingredients and 16 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of vegetarian stuffed peppers
- You need 1 of olive oil.
- It’s 1 of black pepper.
- It’s 2 tbsp of brown sugar.
- You need 2 tsp of thyme.
- Prepare 1 small of handfull of corriander.
- It’s 3 large of sweet yellow bell peppers.
- It’s 2 large of cloves of garlic.
- You need 3 of birds eye chillies.
- You need 3 tbsp of tomato sauce.
- Prepare 1 can of tomato.
- It’s 1 medium of red onion.
- Prepare 150 grams of oyster mushrooms.
- Prepare 1 of lemon.
- You need 5 tbsp of breadcrumbs.
- Prepare 200 grams of mozzarella cheese.
- You need 200 grams of sharp cheeder cheese.
They're so flavorful and delicious that no one will ever know! Today we prove that you don't have to be vegetarian to enjoy veggie dishes! These peppers have loads of flavour stuffed in (literally!) and we're sure. This vegetarian stuffed peppers recipe is one of our favorite summer dinners!
vegetarian stuffed peppers instructions
- preheat oven to 180゜.
- cut the peppers in half lengthwise and deseed.
- drizzle some olive oil onto a pan on your highest heat setting.
- chop the garlic and chilly up finely and add to the pan.
- dice the red onion into very small cubes add to the pan.
- cut the mushrooms into quarters and add to the pan and let them brown..
- add the can of tomatoes to the pan along with the tomato sauce and let it simmer for about 5minutes stirring occasionaly.
- add the juice of 1 lemon. I think the best way to get the most juice out of lemon is to put it in the microwave for 30sec to 1min..
- add the 2 tablespoons of brown sugar and thyme to the pan.
- chop the coriander finely and add to the pan..
- add the breadcrumbs.
- lovingly grind some fresh black pepper over it..
- break the mozzarella into small pieces and stir well into the mixture. making sure the mixture Is mixed thoroughly.
- spoon generous amounts of the mixture into the 6pepper halves. place on a baking tray sprayed with non stick spray and place into the oven for about 10minutes.
- when the peppers are golden browning sprinkle over the grated cheeder and place back into the oven for another 1minute until the cheese has melted.
- best enjoyed with some rocket on the side.
This vegetarian stuffed peppers recipe is simple and customizable! If you don't have orzo, use couscous. This recipe for stuffed peppers trades in the meat in favor of vegetables like red bell peppers An excellent vegetarian main dish. My husband, who is not a fan of stuffed peppers, loves these. Mix mozzarella, bread, kale, salt and pepper.