Wild Mushroom and Miso Soup (Vegan).
You can have Wild Mushroom and Miso Soup (Vegan) using 14 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Wild Mushroom and Miso Soup (Vegan)
- Prepare 2 cups of mushrooms, 1/2 inch diced.
- You need 1 of large yellow onion, 1/4 inch diced.
- You need 2 of celery stalks, 1/4 inch diced.
- Prepare 1 clove of garlic, finely chopped.
- It’s 1 Tbsp of Olive Oil.
- You need 3-4 of fresh Thyme sprigs.
- Prepare To taste of Salt.
- Prepare To taste of Pepper.
- Prepare 4-5 cups of Vegetable broth.
- It’s 1-2 Tbsp of Cornstarch.
- It’s 2 Tbsp of Water.
- You need 1 Tbsp of Miso paste.
- It’s 2 Tbsp of water.
- You need 1 can of coconut milk, that has sat a while so the coconut cream has separated from the liquid.
Wild Mushroom and Miso Soup (Vegan) instructions
- Sauté in large pot mushrooms, onions and celery with olive oil until mushrooms have released most of their moisture and liquid has reduced to a minimal amount. Add garlic and stir for a minute..
- Add vegetable broth and bring to boil, turn down heat and add thyme sprigs. Cover and simmer for 20-30 mins..
- Take out thyme sprigs. Turn up heat again until soup starts boiling. Make cornstarch slurry by adding cornstarch to cold water in separate small bowl. And add slowly to bubbling soup while stirring. Adding just enough for soup to thicken and turn clear. Turn off heat..
- Make miso paste slurry and add when soup is no longer bubbling. Stir to combine. Do not boil the soup again after miso has been added..
- Add only the solid part of the can of coconut milk. Stirring until the cream has melted and is fully incorporated. Adjust salt and pepper seasonings. Garnish with parsley..