Not so vegetarian enchilada casserole. First meal: easy peezy Vegetarian Black Bean Enchilada Casserole. Omit the cheese and you've got a vegan situation, but And preschoolers may be iffy on that statement so I skip the El Pato addition. However, I'm a firm believer in spicy mexican food because come on.
This easy vegetarian dinner recipe is sure to become a new family favorite. This healthy Vegetarian Enchilada Casserole is a quick and easy weeknight meal. Packed full of flavor, this Mexican meal is a lightened up version of a family favorite, so you can enjoy it guilt free! You can have Not so vegetarian enchilada casserole using 4 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Not so vegetarian enchilada casserole
- Prepare 3 lb of chicken.
- Prepare 1 dozen of flour tortillas.
- Prepare 2 lb of grated cheese.
- You need 1 can of jalapeno salsa.
This vegetarian enchilada casserole is tasty, filling and packed full of veggies, sweet potatoes, and black beans. This vegetarian casserole is perfect weekend comfort food, filling, satisfying and tasty. It's not too spicy, so it's suitable for the whole family. Enchilada Casserole (vegetarian or add chicken!) A fast & healthy version of enchiladas made with layered tortillas instead of rolled – so time saving!
Not so vegetarian enchilada casserole step by step
- preheat oven to 375.
- spray bottom and sides of a 9 X 13 pan with Pam..
- cook chicken and shred with forks..
- add chicken and salsa to a large sauce pan and simmer until sauce is reduced by a third..
- lay 3 tortillas in bottom of the pan.
- spread 1/3 of chicken over tortillas.
- spread 1/3 of cheese over the chicken.
- repeat two more times adding remainder of chicken and cheese to the top layer.
- place in the oven for 30 minutes or until cheese is golden brown.
A delicious, comforting vegetarian enchilada casserole served with all the traditional sides. Just as there are people that are super photogenic, so there are recipes that are photogenic. This is not one of those. Don't get me wrong, it looks like golden-cheesy-deliciousness but it's not pretty. A healthy vegetarian enchilada casserole, filled with quinoa, sweet potatoes, black beans, and cheese.