Butternut Squash Vegetarian Dumpling Filling.
You can have Butternut Squash Vegetarian Dumpling Filling using 14 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Butternut Squash Vegetarian Dumpling Filling
- It’s 5 cup of Butternut Squash.
- You need 2 tbsp of olive oil (divided).
- It’s 1/2 tsp of dried parsley.
- You need 1/2 medium of carrot.
- You need 8 oz of package of tempeh.
- Prepare 3 large of button mushrooms.
- You need 4 medium of shiitake mushrooms.
- It’s 1 tsp of minced garlic.
- You need 4 medium of green onions.
- You need 1 tsp of hoison sauce.
- Prepare 1 tsp of sesame seed oil.
- You need 1 tsp of soy sauce.
- Prepare 1 tsp of brown sugar.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of vegetable broth.
Butternut Squash Vegetarian Dumpling Filling instructions
- Preheat the oven to 350°F..
- Peel and chop the butternut squash into 1 inch cubes. I used the large round part of the squash and it turned out to be about 5 cups worth..
- Lay the squash out on a cookie sheet. Drizzle 1 tbsp of the olive oil over the squash and sprinkle the parsley on top. Bake in the oven for 10 minutes (just to soften up the squash)..
- When the Squash is done roasting, add it to a food processor and pulse until it is mostly mush, but still some some chunks reside..
- Move the processed squash into a large bowl..
- Grate the carrot in as fine a grater as you have. Add into the bowl with the squash..
- Chop up the tempeh into the smallest pieces possible. It should be about the size of orzo, if possible. Add into the bowl with the squash and carrot..
- Chop up the button and shiitake mushrooms, stems and all, into very fine pieces..
- Add the rest of the olive oil to a non-stick pan with the chopped mushrooms and the minced garlic. Sautee on medium low for about 15 minutes. The smell will be awesome. Once done, move to the large bowl with the other ingredients..
- Finely shop up the green onions and add to the large bowl..
- Add the hoison sauce, sesame oil, soy sauce, brown sugar, and vegetable broth..
- Stir with chop sticks or other utensil until thoroughly blended, about 10 minutes. Store in large tupperware until needed..