Zucchini Boats. Easy Stuffed Zucchini Boats are the perfect way to enjoy your fresh summer zucchini! Tender zucchini filled with a silky meat sauce, topped with cheese and baked until tender. Zucchini taco boats are easy to make and are a fun way to put a healthy twist on taco night!
They're jam packed with flavor, they're perfectly filling, and have less carbs than the traditional flour or corn tortilla. These bruschetta quinoa zucchini boats are a flavorful meatless meal that will please everyone! Fill zucchini boats with shrimp mixture and top with mozzarella. You can have Zucchini Boats using 10 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Zucchini Boats
- It’s 6 of Zucchini.
- You need 1 lb of Ground Turkey.
- Prepare 1/3 medium of Onion.
- It’s 4 tbsp of Non-Fat Greek Yogurt.
- You need 3 tbsp of Cilantro.
- You need 1 of Salt and Pepper.
- Prepare 1 of Garlic.
- You need 1 cup of Carrots.
- You need 1/2 cup of Red Peppers.
- Prepare 1 dozen of Cherry Tomatos.
Garnish with more Parmesan and parsley, if desired, before serving. Chop the zucchini flesh and set aside. Spoon in and mound the sausage mixture into the zucchini boats. This has become a favorite in my house!
Zucchini Boats step by step
- Brown Ground Turkey Breast with Taco Seasoning.
- Give a quick wash to the zucchini. Slice in half lengthwise, leaving the ends on to keep the filling inside. Use a melon baller to scoop the flesh out of the zucchini. Be careful to not break the peeling of the zucchini with the melon baller – leaving a thin layer of flesh inside helps ensure this!.
- Place zucchini boats in a glass dish..
- Use a food processor to finely chop: the zucchini flesh you removed, carrots, red peppers, and onions. Spray a large sauce pan with olive oil and place the chopped ingredients in the pan. Add cilantro, salt and pepper, and garlic..
- Sauté until mixture is completely cooked. Place mixture into a large bowl and add Greek yogurt and stir thoroughly..
- Mix in turkey with zucchini mixture..
- Fill zucchini boats with mixture..
- Cut tomatoes and place on top of stuffed zucchini boats and sprinkle with some fat free mozzarella cheese. (Maybe an 1/8 of a cup makes it way on one boat maximum!).
- Cook at 350 for approximately 25 minutes..
We LOVE zucchini boats, I originally got the inspiration for this dish from these sausage stuffed zucchini boats, another stuffed. These lasagna-stuffed zucchini boats are much healthier than their carby counterparts and come together easily, making them Zucchini boats are the perfect use for medium-to-large zucchini. The only problem with storing these is that sometimes someone eats. For regular readers of this little food blog, you already know how much I struggle with coming up with easy (yet wholesome!) dinners for an old friend of mine and I. Out of all the zucchini boat recipes, this zucchini boat recipe is definitely my favorite. -Turkey stuffed zucchini boats are the perfect mix of ground turkey zucchini boats and quinoa stuffed zucchini.