You can have Fried Zucchini using 7 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Fried Zucchini
- It’s 1 cup of all purpose flour.
- It’s 1 of egg.
- Prepare 1 of medium zucchini.
- You need 1 cup of seasoned panko of your choice (I used parmesan garlic seasoned).
- It’s of salt (1 tbsp. for flour seasoning, a pinch for after frying).
- It’s of pepper (1 tbsp. to season flour).
- Prepare of canola or vegetable oil for either pan or deep frying.
Fried Zucchini instructions
- Gather three small bowls, season flour with salt and pepper in first bowl..
- Scramble egg in next bowl..
- Add panko in third bowl..
- Cut ends off of zucchini, cut in half, cut the halves in half lengthwise, cut those into four strips..
- Dredge zucchini in the flour, give a quick shake and add to the egg..
- Take zucchini from egg and place in panko completely coating, place on plate or sheet tray and place in freezer while the oil heats..
- Heat oil in deep fryer or pan to 350 degrees (I deep fried)..
- Once heated, add zucchini to fryer, do not over fill, it will drop the temperature of the oil too much, fry for 2 minutes or until desired crispiness..
- Drain on paper towel covered plate or bowl, serve with ranch or dressing or sauce of your choice..