You can cook Vegetarian Tikki using 16 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Vegetarian Tikki
- You need 1 cup of Rajma or Red kidney beans.
- It’s 1 of medium size onion.
- Prepare 1 of medium size carrot.
- Prepare 2 of medium size potatoes.
- It’s 1 of lime juice.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of coriander powder.
- You need 1/2 tsp of cumin powder.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of red chilli powder.
- Prepare 2 Tbsp of Besan or Chickpea flour.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of ginger garlic paste.
- Prepare 1 inch of cinnamon stick.
- Prepare 1 of bay leaf.
- You need 2 of green cardamom.
- You need 1 Spring of coriander leaves chopped and more for garnishing.
- It’s as needed of Oil to fry.
- It’s to taste of Salt.
Vegetarian Tikki step by step
- Soak the Rajma or Red kidney beans overnight and boil. Drain completely and make a coarse paste.
- Boil potatoes and grate.
- Grate carrots.
- Grate onions.
- Roast Besan or chickpea flour.
- Add all ingredients like potatoes, carrots, besan, cumin powder, coriander powder, red chilli powder, lime juice, chopped coriander leaves to coarse Rajma mix. Add salt.
- In a wok heat oil and add bay leaf, cardamom and cinnamon stick. When splutters add ginger-garlic paste and grated onions. Fry till golden and discard the bay leaf, cinnamon and cardamom. Add the fried onions to the Rajma mix.
- Make small balls and flatten them. In a wok heat oil and fry.
- Enjoy with mint-coriander Chutney.