Zucchini and Meatballs. Cut off the bottoms of each zucchini and use a cheese grater or box grater to shred into a large bowl. These Zucchini Meatballs are tender, moist, and loaded with bursting flavors that will make you come for seconds. Zucchini season is in full swing and has become one of my favorite times of the year.
Enjoy as is or toss with marinara sauce. However, these meatballs with zucchini are made with ground beef only. These Ricotta Zucchini "Meatballs" are melt-in-your-mouth-amazing zucchini meatballs with ricotta and parmesan cheese, topped with a warm and bubbly tomato sauce! You can cook Zucchini and Meatballs using 10 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Zucchini and Meatballs
- Prepare 1 lb of ground turkey.
- It’s 1/4 c of seasoned dry breadcrumbs.
- Prepare 3 Tbsp of parsley or Italian seasoning.
- You need 1/3 c of Parmesan cheese, grated.
- You need of Salt and Pepper.
- Prepare 2 of garlic cloves chopped.
- It’s 2 Tbsp of Olive oil.
- Prepare 1 (25 oz) of spaghetti sauce.
- It’s 4 of medium zucchini, cut into noodles with a sprializer.
- It’s 1 c of Provolone cheese, grated (optional).
These healthy, slightly spiced paleo turkey meatballs hide some grated zucchini and are baked and drizzled with hot sauce for a little spicy kick. Healthy turkey meatballs are simple to make, and when served with zucchini noodles, you've got yourself an easy healthy dinner recipe. Without fail, you will find me at a gym every Monday-Friday. Ottolenghi's Turkey Zucchini Meatballs with Lemony Yogurt Sauce.
Zucchini and Meatballs step by step
- Combine turkey, breadcrumbs, egg, seasonings, garlic, Parmesan in a bowl. Form into meatballs..
- Heat 1 Tbsp oil in large skillet over medium heat. Add meatballs and cook, turning occasionally until all sides are brown 4-6 minutes..
- Continue to cook on stove turning heat down to med-low slowly add in spaghetti sauce. Simmer turning meatballs occasionally, 16 minutes..
- In separate skillet add tablespoon of oil med-high heat. Add zucchini and cook untl just tender 2 minutes. Don't over cook. Season with salt and pepper to your liking (Note:not too much)..
- Sprinkle provolone over meatballs, until melted..
- Serve meatballs over noodles topped with Parmesan..
Packed with veggies, herbs and fragrant spices, these turkey zucchini meatballs are exceptionally flavorful, light and healthy. This healthy chicken meatballs and sautéed zucchini dinner makes a delicious, nutritious, and easy weeknight meal. These zucchini meatballs are packed with zucchini, cheese and seasonings. Be the first to review this recipe. Homemade meatballs that are flavorful and tender combined with gnocchi and marinara for a simple classic.