Lebanese Vegetarian Eggplant Moussaka.
You can cook Lebanese Vegetarian Eggplant Moussaka using 9 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Lebanese Vegetarian Eggplant Moussaka
- It’s 3 of large eggplants, peeled and cut into long thick slices.
- Prepare 1 cup of canned chickpeas.
- It’s 4 of large tomatoes, peeled and cut into slices.
- You need 2 of large onions, cut into thin slices.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of tomato paste, dissolved in 1 cup water.
- Prepare 6 cloves of garlic, chopped.
- You need 2 tablespoons of olive oil.
- It’s 1 cup of vegetable oil for frying.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of salt.
Lebanese Vegetarian Eggplant Moussaka instructions
- In a deep frying pan, heat the vegetable oil and fry the eggplant slices until they turn golden. Remove and place on a kitchen absorbent paper..
- In a cooking pot, heat the olive oil and fry the onion slices until they turn golden and soft..
- Add the fried eggplants, chickpeas, tomato slices, chopped garlic, tomato paste and salt. Cover the pot and leave it to cook on medium heat for 15 min or until the sauce thickens. Remove from heat and let it cool. Adjust salt to taste..
- Best served cold..