Vegetarian mexican lasagna. This Vegetarian Mexican Lasagna is like an Enchilada layered up like lasagna, using tortillas instead of lasagna sheets. Mexican-inspired ingredients are layered lasagna-style with a ricotta and spinach mixture between corn tortillas in this vegetarian baked dish. This is from Vegetarian Times: Low-Fat and Fast (highly recommended).
Enjoy Meatless ground Taco seasoning Can corn Can black beans. Do you love Mexican and Tex-Mex food? Aside from chopping the onion and sauteing it, there is not. You can have Vegetarian mexican lasagna using 12 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Vegetarian mexican lasagna
- Prepare 2 tablespoon of avocado oil.
- You need 1 of large red bell pepper, diced.
- Prepare 1 of large orange bell pepper, diced.
- Prepare 1 of small yellow onion, diced.
- Prepare 1 pack of mexican veggie ground round (I've used yves veggie).
- It’s 2-3 tablespoon of cheezwhiz.
- Prepare 150 ml of taco sauce (I've used Old el Paso).
- You need to taste of hot sauce (I've used Cholula original).
- You need 5 of flour tortillas (I've used Old el Paso smart fiesta).
- Prepare 25 ml of taco sauce (I've used Old el Paso mild).
- You need 1/2 cup of shredded cheddar or mozzarella cheese.
- It’s to taste of chipotle or chili powder.
Enjoy this veg-infused vegan Mexican Lasagna with delicious Mexican-spiced layers. This vegetarian Mexican casserole recipe yields lots of leftovers so it's perfect for batch cooking meal plans! Our Vegan Mexican Lasagna is layered with soft tortillas, creamy refried beans, and veggies from your garden (or your pantry)! Lori Wyeth's recipe began nearly a decade ago as a beef lasagna. "The beef changed to turkey, then soy crumbles, then beans as my eating.
Vegetarian mexican lasagna instructions
- Heat up the oil in a large skillet at medium/high heat and cook the bell peppers for 2 minutes..
- Add in the onions and cook for another 2 minutes, stirring often..
- Lower the heat to low and add in the ground round, breaking it in tiny bits with a wooden spoon..
- Add in 2 tablespoon of cheezwhiz, 150 ml of taco sauce and hot sauce to taste. Mix well. Add 1 more tablespoon of cheezwhiz if you like it extra cheesy..
- Turn off the heat, cover the skillet and set aside..
- Preheat the oven at 350°..
- Lay one tortilla in a pyrex pie plate..
- Cover the tortilla with a quater of the ground round mix, lay a tortilla on top and gently press with hands..
- Repeat till you have 4 layers of ground round mix. Top layer must be a tortilla..
- Spread 25 ml of taco sauce on top of the last tortilla, cover with shredded cheese and sprinkle with chipotle or chili powder..
- Cook in the oven for 30 minutes. Broil under the grill last 2 minutes..
- Cut in 4 piece and serve with a side of green salad..
View full nutritional breakdown of Vegetarian Mexican Lasagna calories by ingredient. Coat the bottom of the pan with a layer of sauce. Mexican lasagna makes great leftovers, too! You can even serve it with eggs for breakfast. Would be easy to convert to vegetarian if you needed to.